What Makes us Different?
- You get one-on-one care at every visit. Other PT clinics schedule multiple patients per therapist during a 45-minute session. Not at St. James…you get a full hour and the full attention of your therapist, one-on-one.
- Same-day and walk-in appointments available. You don’t have to wait weeks to get in! If your doctor suggests PT, come see us immediately. Often we can get you in the same day so that you’re on your way to healing right away!
What We Do
The goal of Physical Therapy is to restore strength, mobility and function due to a disability, illness, injury or surgery. Using specialized equipment and techniques, we help you return to your routine home, work and leisure activities as quickly and effectively as possible.
Some of the conditions we treat:
- Spine problems and back pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Work-related injuries
- Post-surgery rehab
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Strains, sprains and muscle weakness
- Post-concussion care and vertigo
- Chronic pain
- Gait and balance problems
- Parkinson’s and stroke care
- Arthritis and fibromyalgia
We also offer evaluations so that you can continue your PT at home over the long-term.
St. James recently brought on a new team of PhD-level therapists: Hornell native Shawn Valentine and Daisy Doherty. They join experienced Physical Therapy Assistants Christine Schaurer and Amanda Stratton who are equally committed to providing high quality care and service. Our goal is not only to help you feel better, but to enjoy coming to PT. From our front-end staff to the therapists, we’ll make you feel welcome and cared for.
Our New Facility
Our spacious, modern PT clinic is located at the new Medical Office Building (7309 Seneca Rd. N., Hornell). This comfortable environment has plenty of room and the latest equipment! What’s more, there are large men’s and women’s changing rooms, where you can grab a quick shower and go directly from PT to work, school or home.
Come see why we’re different! For more information about Physical Therapy services at St. James Hospital, feel free to call our friendly staff at (607) 385-3790.
Shawn Valentine PT, DPT
Daisy Doherty PT, DPT