Who We Are
St. James highly qualified Doctor's of Physical Therapy include: Hornell native Shawn Valentine and Ryan Calnan,. They join experienced Physical Therapy Assistant Christine Schaurer who is committed to providing high quality care and service. Our goal is not only to help you feel better, but to enjoy coming to PT. From our front-end staff to the therapists, we’ll make you feel welcome and cared for.
Our spacious, modern PT clinic is located at the Medical Office Building (7309 Seneca Rd. N., Hornell). This comfortable environment has plenty of room and the latest equipment! What’s more, there are large men’s and women’s changing rooms, where you can grab a quick shower and go directly from PT to work, school or home.
What We Do
The goal of Physical Therapy is to restore strength, mobility and function due to a disability, illness, injury or surgery. Using specialized equipment and techniques, we help you return to your routine home, work and leisure activities as quickly and effectively as possible.
Some of the conditions we treat:
- Spine problems and back pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Work-related injuries
- Post-surgery rehab
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Strains, sprains and muscle weakness
- Post-concussion care and vertigo
- Chronic pain
- Gait and balance problems
- Parkinson’s and stroke care
- Arthritis and fibromyalgia
We also offer evaluations so that you can continue your PT at home over the long-term.
What Makes us Different?
- You get one-on-one care at every visit. Other PT clinics schedule multiple patients per therapist during a 45-minute session. Not at St. James…you get a full hour and the full attention of your therapist, one-on-one.
Come see why we’re different! For more information about Physical Therapy services at St. James Hospital, feel free to call our friendly staff at (607) 385-3790.
Shawn Valentine PT, DPT
Ryan Calnan, PT, DPT