Statistical Consulting Service
Jump to Contact Information
Jump to Directions
Jump to Software
The Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology of the School of Medicine and Dentistry offers a statistical consulting service to support faculty and non-faculty researchers of the Medical Center, as well as investigators outside the Medical Center who require help with projects and grant preparation, depending on the staffing level and the mutual interest between statisticians and investigators. Services range from purely advisory assistance to complete statistical analysis as well as support for data management. Charges for statistical consulting, programming and data management support, and computer usage are billed to investigators using established hourly rates.
We recommend that interested researchers:
- Discuss funding options that may be available to assist with obtaining consulting services with appropriate members of their departmental leadership
- Visit the UR CTSI website as well as the Scientific Advisory Committee website to determine their eligibility for other funding programs that are currently available.
We offer support for all types of projects and have expertise in a wide range of topics including
- Models for Instrumentation
- Models for Mixture Study Populations
- Longitudinal Data Analysis Models
- Models for Causal Inference
- Survival Analysis
- Clinical Trials Methodology
- Equivalence and Non-inferiority Testing
- Social Network Analysis
- Models for High-Dimensional and High-Volume Data
- Bioinformatics Services
- Computational Biology and Mathematical Biology
- Image Analysis
The Consulting Service is coordinated by Susan Messing, MS (Director) and Andrea Baran, MS (Interim/Associate Director)and assisted by the Faculty, Post-doctoral and senior PhD students, and programmers and database developers. Faculty members are available to serve as investigators for grant submissions.
To schedule a statistical consultation, please contact Andrea Baran at Andrea_Baran@urmc.rochester.edu. Note that at this time all meetings will be conducted via Zoom.
The Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology is located on the fourth floor of the Saunders Research Building, at 265 Crittenden Boulevard, next to the University of Rochester School of Nursing.
Printable map with directions to the Saunders Research Building
We use a variety of software packages including the popular SAS, R, STATA, SPSS, MATLAB, and a wider range of specialized packages such as MPlus, LISREL, Winbugs, MULTILOG, PASS, and NQUERY. We have also developed and distributed a large collection of SAS macros and R functions to facilitate research in the biomedical and psychosocial sciences. Details about the available free software are available at CTSpedia.org.