Robert L. Strawderman, ScD
My major research area is survival analysis. More generally, I am interested in statistical inference for point process data (e.g., recurrent events); statistical methods for risk and outcome prediction in medicine, epidemiology and public health; statistical and computational methods for high dimensional data; statistical methods for evaluating the cost and quality of health care; asymptotics (theory and approximation); and various problems in statistical computing.
- Steingrimsson JA, Strawderman RL (2016). Estimation in the semiparametric accelerated failure time model with missing covariates: improving efficiency through augmentation. Journal of the American Statistical Association.
- Steingrimsson JA, Diao L, Molinaro AM, Strawderman RL (2016). Doubly Robust Survival Trees, Statistics in Medicine, 35, 3595-3612.
- Hurtado Rua S, Mazumder M, Strawderman RL (2015). Multivariate Bayesian Meta Analysis. Statistics in Medicine, 34, 4083-4104.
- Strawderman RL, Wells MT, Schifano ED (2013). Hierarchical Bayes, maximum a posteriori estimators, and minimax concave penalized likelihood estimation. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 7, 973-990.
- Lostritto KL, Strawderman RL, Molinaro AM (2012). A partitioning deletion/subsitution/addition algorithm for creating survival risk groups. Biometrics, 68: 1146-1156.
- Johnson LM, Strawderman RL (2012). A smoothing expectation and substitution algorithm for the semiparametric accelerated failure time frailty model. Statistics in Medicine, 31: 2335-2358.
- Strawderman RL, Wells MT (2011). On hierarchical prior specifications and penalized likelihood. Contemporary Developments in Bayesian Analysis and Statistical Decision Theory : A Festschrift for William E. Strawderman. IMS Collections, Volume 8, 154-180.
- Cowen ME, Czerwinski JL, Posa PJ, Van Hoek E, Mattimore J, Halasyamani LK, Strawderman RL (2014). Implementation of a Mortality Prediction Rule for Real Time Decision-Making: Feasibility and Validity. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 9, 720-726.
- Milano MT, Strawderman RL, Venigalla S, Ng K, Travis LB (2014). Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer After Breast Cancer: A Population-Based Study of Clinicopathologic Characteristics and Survival Outcomes in 3,529 Women. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 9: 1081-1090.
- McGarry B, Li Y, Strawderman RL (2014). THE CARE SPAN – Lower Hispanic Participation In Medicare Part D May Reflect Program Barriers. Health Affairs, 33, 856-862.
- Nyweide DJ, Anthony DL, Bynum JPW, Strawderman RL, Weeks WB, Casalino LP, Fisher ES (2013). Continuity of Care and Risk of Preventable Hospitalization in Older Adults. Journal of the American Medical Association: Internal Medicine, 173(20), 1879-1885.
- Cowen M and Strawderman RL (2013) Mortality predictions on admission as a context for organizing care activities. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 8, 229-235.
- Heisler M, Halasyamani L, Cowen ME, Davis MD, Resnicow K, Strawderman RL, Choi H, Mase R, Piette JD (2013). A randomized controlled effectiveness trial of reciprocal peer support in heart failure. Circulation: Heart Failure, 6(2), 246-253.
- Ryan A, Burgess J, Strawderman RL, Dimick J. (2012). What is the best way to estimate hospital quality outcomes? A simulation approach. Health Services Research, 47: 1699-1718.