URMC / Complex Care Center
About the Complex Care Center
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Get Your Flu Vaccination!
Make a flu vaccine appointment with a nurse, or you can also be vaccinated at your next scheduled appointment!
- Send a message in MyChart
- Call (585) 276-7900.
Days and Location:
- Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- In the parking lot. You can wait in your vehicle!
Welcome to the Complex Care Center where adults with complex childhood onset conditions can receive primary medical care and specialty services in one location.
Our primary care team specializes in these conditions:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Spina Bifida
- Metabolic Disorders
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Childhood Cancers
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Multiple functional difficulties (e.g. communication, mobility, chronic pain)
Our team will make your health the top priority. Your doctor, nurse and/or care manager will work with you and the important people in your life to develop a plan of care that is best for you. We will help you learn about your health condition and how to treat any other diseases or illnesses you may have (e.g. diabetes, hypertension). The more you know, the better decisions you can make about your own health.
- Routine physical exams and health screenings with extended appointment time
- Same day appointments for urgent problems
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, hepatitis C) with extended time for appointments
- Prescribing medication and refills
- Immunizations and flu shots
- Dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, and most dental procedures
- Health Home Care Management
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Care Coordination
- Behavioral health services
- Nutrition consultation
- Inpatient (hospital) consultation
- Specialty assessments by occupational, physical, speech, and respiratory therapists
Flu Vaccine Appointments
As the cold weather starts to settle in, so too does influenza (“flu”) season. We recommend that all of our patients receive the flu vaccine and even more so this season given the COVID19 pandemic. To help keep you and our staff safe, we are scheduling flu shots this year as nurse visits. We will start this in October and we prefer scheduling them on Tuesdays and Fridays between 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
If these days/times do not work, we can find other times to accommodate your schedule. Unless you are coming in to the Complex Care Center for other reasons, we are trying to give the flu shot in the parking lot while you wait in your vehicle.
Please send a MyChart message requesting a nurse visit with date/time or call us at (585) 276-7900 to make a flu shot appointment. If you have previously scheduled appointments already with our medical, dental or behavioral health teams, we can provide you with the flu shot during that visit. We do recommend you receive the flu shot sooner rather than later so that it can provide coverage for the 6 months of flu season.