Welcome to the Compliance Office
The University of Rochester Medical Center Compliance Office promotes and supports a culture that builds compliance consciousness into every employee's activities. This is accomplished through maintaining a Corporate Compliance Program that:
- Establishes standards of performance for all employees to conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Promotes an environment where potentially improper, fraudulent or abusive activities are prevented, detected and reported.
- Offers faculty and staff confidence, without fear of retaliation, that reported concerns will be reviewed, addressed and resolved.
- Provides easy access to staff, managers and faculty seeking compliance guidance, education and/or incident reporting.
- Monitors adherence to applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, guidelines and program requirements.
Plans, Policies, Guidelines and Tools
A variety of internal plans and policies, as well as educational tools, are available to support individuals in their duties and responsibilities. Payer guidelines, policies and regulations are also available through this website.
Attentive URMC employees are the key to identifying risk areas or potential fraud. This program maintains both an open-door policy and an Integrity Hotline for employees to share their concern about whether a practice is proper and/or ethical. Employees may also speak with their supervisor or manager, or contact the Chief Compliance Officer, a Compliance Office Analyst/Educator, or the Medical Center Counsel's Office (585-758-7600). Reports may be made anonymously to the Integrity Hotline.