What is Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy?
Endoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that allows your gastroenterologist (a specialist in the digestive system) to diagnose issues and treat them. This avoids full open surgery.
By the Numbers
More than 3000 endoscopic procedures performed each year—more than any other center in the region
We are part of a Gastroenterology Division that is ranked in the nation's Top 50
UR Medicine's Approach
We offer any treatment you might require for diseases of the GI tract, including diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas, and bile ducts. We provide the same state-of-the-art treatments that are available at other world-class academic centers across the country.
In an upper endoscopy, the patient is sedated and a thin, flexible tube (endoscope) is passed into the mouth down the esophagus. A small camera in the tube allows your doctor to see into your stomach and intestines and treat any problems.
Endoscopy is one of the least invasive procedures. Most patients don’t remember the surgery afterward and feel little or no discomfort during recovery. Most patients return home a few hours after the procedure.
What Sets Us Apart?
In every aspect of our care, we work to give patients confidence in knowing they are receiving truly world-class diagnosis and treatment.
- We perform more advanced endoscopic procedures than any other center in the area. (According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, doctors who perform the highest number of procedures have the best outcomes.)
- Our center has the most highly trained physicians, including the only two in the area who are fellowship trained in advanced endoscopy.
- Some treatments, such as weight-loss balloons, are not available anywhere else in the area.
- We regularly serve as a valuable second (and even third and fourth) opinion resource for patients referred from near and far.
- The most advanced endoscopic technology and skill is available under one roof for managing even the most complex GI and liver disorders.
- Other area hospitals and gastroenterologists often depend on our physicians to handle their most complex and challenging cases.
- Our physicians are highly accessible and responsive. Many of them even provide their cell phone numbers to referring providers for easier and more direct access.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Ambulatory Care Center at Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue, Ambulatory Care Center, 4th & 5th Floor
Rochester, NY 14642