Gastroenterology & Hepatology
In every aspect of our care, we work to give our patients confidence in knowing they are receiving truly world-class diagnosis and treatment. As part of a leading academic medical center, we offer patients the most advanced technology and procedures, some of which are not provided anywhere else in the area.
Our providers are among the most highly trained and experienced in the Rochester, NY region, handling some of the most complex cases through referrals from hospitals within a 300-mile radius. We work closely with a multidisciplinary team from liver transplantation, surgical oncology, foregut surgery and other disciplines to give you the most comprehensive consultative and procedural care available for gastrointestinal and liver disease.
UR Medicine's Approach
At UR Medicine’s state-of-the-art Gastroenterology & Hepatology treatment centers, you can feel confident that you are receiving the very best care available from compassionate providers. Our specialty centers provide the most comprehensive care available. We take a team-based approach—if needed, from doctors from many different disciplines—that expedites your care. We offer clinics that specialize in:
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy: The Center for Advanced Endoscopy is upstate New York' s leader in endoscopy procedures for digestive disorders.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only center in the region that specializes in the treatment of IBD.
- Liver Disease: The Center for Liver Disease provides a complete range of liver disease services, including both transplant and non-transplant hepatology.
To request a physician's appointment, call (585) 275-4711. If you must cancel your appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
Self-scheduling for Follow-up Appointments
We are now offering online self-scheduling for follow-up appointments! If you'd like to schedule a follow-up appointment, login to your MyChart account and go to "Appointments and Visits" to get started!
We're offering a convenient new way to access some of our services using telemedicine. Telemedicine provides an efficient way to attend appointments with our providers, from the privacy and comfort of your home.
What Sets Us Apart?
We combine the most advanced subspecialty expertise with cutting edge technology with an emphasis on access and quality.
- World-class team. Our specialists are fellowship-trained in advanced therapeutic endoscopy, liver transplantation and motility disorders.
- Cutting-edge research. Through our active role in clinical trials, we are helping our patients have access to the most promising new treatments today.
- Tertiary and quaternary care. We offer the most advanced procedures and are a referral center for other hospitals.
- Excellent outcomes. Our complication rates are well below national standards.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
Related Services & Conditions
- Weight-Loss Balloon
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Failure
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Liver Transplant
- LINX™ Reflux Management System
- Bariatric Surgery