UR Medicine Cardiothoracic Imaging provides non-invasive evaluation of the heart and lungs, which is critical in the treatment of diseases and disorders. Our cardiovascular experts use the latest magnetic resonance and computed tomography (CT) technology for imaging of the heart and vascular system. Our physicians bring a subspecialty level of experience and knowledge to clinical imaging exams.
UR Medicine's Approach
UR Medicine Cardiothoracic Imaging diagnosis and treats diseases beyond those connected to the heart and lungs. Thoracic imaging offers advanced imaging techniques for the evaluation of chest diseases.
We also offer routine assessment of the lungs with chest X-rays and chest CTs. These exams include:
- CT oncologic imaging
- Lung cancer screening
- 4D CT evaluation of parathyroid adenoma
- CT/MR evaluation of thymoma
- HRCT evaluation of interstitial lung disease
- Pre-LVAD evaluation
Advanced imaging vascular exams (related to the body’s vessels) include:
- CT and MR angiography of the thoracic aorta
- CT and MR angiography of the pulmonary arterial tree
- CT and MR pulmonary venous anatomy evaluation (in patients with atrial fibrillation)
- CT evaluation during TAVI workup
- CT evaluation of SVC syndrome
Advanced imaging cardiology (imaging of the heart) exams include:
- MR and CT evaluation of congenital heart disease
- MR evaluation of adult acquired heart disease
- CT coronary artery evaluation
What Sets Us Apart?
UR Medicine's Department of Imaging is at the forefront of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging technologies. Radiology is a medical specialty that has become much more than just X-rays, and the name of our department reflects this evolution. Our faculty are nationally recognized authorities in their respective fields.
We bring together education, research, and clinical expertise within a leading academic health sciences environment. UR Medicine's Department of Imaging is able to provide a variety of radiologic services to meet our patients' needs.
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations