Hand & Wrist Pain
Make Appointments & Get Care
What is Hand & Wrist Pain?
UR Medicine's Treatments for Hand & Wrist Pain
UR Medicine’s Hand and Wrist Services provides surgical and non-surgical care to adults and children throughout the nine-county Rochester region. Our team approach involves physicians and therapists who specialize specifically in the hand, wrist, and upper extremities.
Members of our Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation Team are all Certified Hand Therapists trained to address issues created by repetitive motion, work injuries, auto-related injuries, and chronic pain disorders.
Our treatments well beyond physical therapy and pain relief. Our team collaborates with your family, your insurance company, and even your employer to change your environment and your lifestyle to help free you from pain.
We begin with a full patient evaluation. Then we develop a therapy and care plan that can include any of the following:
- Dexterity training
- Edema (swelling) management
- Functional capacity evaluation
- Individualized therapeutic exercises
- Injury management and prevention
- Joint protection education
- Onsite ergonomic evaluation
- Orthotic fabrication and training
- Pain control
- Prosthetic training
- Scar management
- Sensibility re-education
- Training in activities of daily living
- Work conditioning/job simulation
Treatments we specialize in include:
- Cyst or tumor excision
- Dupytren's contracture release surgery
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery
- Fracture fixation
- Joint alignment
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Radial nerve release surgeries
- Tendon repairs
- Tendon transfer
- Trigger finger release surgery
- Ulnar nerve release surgery
- Wrist fusion
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are one of the only full-service hand and wrist centers in western New York. Our physicians have expertise in the wrist and hand disorders and in plastic, peripheral nerve, and vascular surgery.
- Our nurse practitioners and physician assistants have extensive training and specialized experience in the care of hand and wrist patients.
- Our experts are Certified Hand Therapists (CHTs) and specialize in physical therapy for elbow disorders as well. Our physicians are fellowship-trained specialists—the highest level of education in their field. They are board-certified or board-eligible, and many have achieved Certificates of Added Qualification in surgery of the hand.
- We are experts in the latest minimally invasive techniques as well as microsurgery.
- Working collaboratively with UR Medicine rheumatologists, we offer the region's most convenient and comprehensive approach to the treatment of arthritis in the hand.
- Working side by side-with-surgical oncologists, we use innovative strategies for transplantation of bone and soft tissue to treat bone tumors, frequently saving the hand.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations