Make Appointments & Get Care
What is Pelvic Pain?
Chronic pelvic pain and painful periods are common complaints we diagnose and treat at UR Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Pelvic pain can have many causes, including:
UR Medicine's Treatments for Pelvic Pain
Our specialists understand the complex mix of problems that can cause pelvic pain. We deliver complete, personalized care, and we specialize in minimally invasive approaches with conventional laparoscopy and robotic assistance for patients requiring surgery.
Non-surgical treatment options include:
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Pain management techniques & counseling
- Non-narcotic pain medications
- Menstrual cycle management (hormonal & non-hormonal options)
- Trigger point pressure & injections
- Topical medications for vulvar skin conditions
- Uterine artery embolization
Surgical treatments for pelvic pain include:
- Laparoscopy for ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic adhesions, etc.
- Pelvic floor muscle injections with Botox
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
- Laparoscopic pudendal nerve release
- Laparoscopic presacral neurectomy
- Advanced surgical techniques to address severe adhesions/frozen pelvis
What Sets Us Apart?
Here at UR Medicine, we take a multidisciplinary approach to diagnosing and treating pelvic pain. You’ll receive collaborative care with a dedicated pain psychologist and a physical therapist with expertise in pelvic floor dysfunction.
Our experienced specialists care for patients throughout every phase of life, taking the time to tailor a health plan that’s personalized to you and your needs.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
500 Red Creek Drive, Suite 120
Rochester, NY 14623