Call 1-844-453-8762 for an appointment
If you struggle to lose certain fat through diet and exercise, CoolSculpting® can target the stubborn areas and help you get rid of it. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure that uses cooling technology to freeze fat cells, which causes the body to naturally eliminate them in the weeks following the treatment.
How it works:
- Your clinician positions the CoolSculpting device on your body.
- A gel pad and applicator are applied to the desired area.
- Vacuum applicators draw the tissue into the applicator cup.
- CoolSculpting technology delivers controlled cooling to freeze fat cells under the skin.
CoolSculpting can be used to contour the following areas:
- Under the neck
- Under the buttocks
If you’re interested in CoolSculpting, UR Medicine Cosmetics is here to support you in taking the next step. Plus, you can feel confident that your procedure will be supervised by a board-certified and fellowship-trained physician.
What to Expect
Before the Procedure
First, your provider will meet with you for a consultation to discuss your goals and create your treatment plan. You’ll look at your body from different angles and choose the specific areas you want to treat.
During the Procedure
Your clinician positions the CoolSculpting device on your body and uses an applicator to deliver controlled cooling through the targeted area. When the controlled cooling is first applied, you may feel an intense cold or mild pinching. This soon goes away. During the CoolSculpting treatment, you can just sit back and relax. Feel free to read, check your phone, or even take a nap.
After the Procedure
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure, so it requires little to no downtime. Your body will eliminate the fat cells gradually, so it can take up to three months for patients to see results. Some patients will achieve their goals after one treatment, but depending on your needs, you may choose to have more. You must wait 4 months after your first CoolSculpting treatment before you have another one.
Why UR Medicine Cosmetics?
The providers at UR Medicine Cosmetics are:
- Highly qualified: With any medical procedure, it’s crucial to choose a highly-trained, experienced provider. Our physicians are board-certified and fellowship-trained.
- Collaborative: We are a joint effort between three specialty departments: Dermatology, Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology (ENT). Our physicians work collaboratively to draw on a diverse set of skills and give patients comprehensive care.
- Researchers and educators: Many of our surgeons are teachers and conduct research at the University of Rochester Medical Center, so they are up-to-date on the latest findings and techniques in their field.