Refer to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Services
The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery service at the University of Rochester provides clinicians in the greater Rochester area and throughout Central and Western New York with a reliable referral service for diagnosis and management of patients with problems in the oral and maxillofacial region. Our state-of-the-art facility is located in the Ambulatory Center at the University of Rochester Medical Center and Strong Memorial Hospital.
Patients who are anxious may require sedation for their outpatient surgical experience. We provide sedation and anesthesia care in a monitored, safely administered, and controlled manner, by providers who are well trained in these anesthetic techniques.
We are committed to providing high quality care to our patients in both an ambulatory and inpatient setting. Our faculty has expertise in the broad scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery and serves the needs of the local and regional community through patient care, continuing education and participation in various organizations.
Some of the areas of interest of our specialists include:
- Teeth extraction (including removing wisdom teeth)
- Dental implants and associated bone grafting and soft tissue grafting procedures
- Outpatient anesthesia (for adults and children)
- Jaw surgery (Orthognathic surgery - straightening the jaws)
- Removal of tumors and growths from the jaws and the mouth
- Jaw reconstruction
- Jaw joint surgery (TMJ)
- Removal of cancer from the mouth, jaws and neck
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Surgery for salivary gland pathology
To our referring doctors:
Please complete this referral form, indicating the reason for the consultation and the procedures required and fax it to (585) 276-1883. Thank you!