Teledentistry for Individuals with IDD Residing in Group Homes
How can teledentistry help your clients?
Teledentistry is a safe way to help your clients keep their smiles as healthy as possible. Current safety restrictions are leading to increased oral health problems among group home residents – but teledentistry makes it possible for patients to safely get dental hygiene care right where they live. When caught early, oral disease can be reversed or managed with appropriate measures provided virtually by our dentists.
How does teledentistry for group homes work?
Teledentistry connects patients, caregivers, and providers by using a special equipment. We can train your staff to use our high-definition intraoral camera to send photos or videos to our dentists for review and assessment to determine whether follow-up care is needed.
What are the benefits of teledentistry?
- Convenience! The virtual appointment is conducted on-site at your facility, so staff and clients don’t need to travel.
- Virtual consultations can decrease levels of anxiety by increasing clients' familiarity with the dentist and the procedure(s) to be performed.
- Minimizes sensory overload for individuals who get overwhelmed easily.
- Teledentistry can serve as a medium to desensitize clients to a new dentist.
- Dental examinations are provided right where patients live, in a comfortable and familiar setting and provides a positive experience to fearful clients.
- Improved access to dental care for patients with limited mobility.
- Reduced risk of exposure to germs, COVID-19, flu, and/or airborne illnesses.
- Improved quality of life by reducing pain and preventing disease.
Give your clients access to better oral health and quality of life.
Together, we can safely deliver dental care directly to those in need, where they need it, and give them something to smile about. Contact us for a consultation.
Eastman Dental Specialty Care
Looking to schedule a consultation for your facility? Email EIOHTeledentistry@urmc.rochester.edu or call (585) 273-5235.