NP Post-Graduate Dermatology Training Program
Goals of the NP Training Program
It is anticipated that the trainees will show clinical growth, improved clinical confidence and preparedness to care for general medical dermatology patients in collaboration with a board-certified dermatologist, by the completion of the program. The program fulfills the 3000 hour practice requirement to be eligible to sit for the Dermatology Certified Nurse Practitioner exam.
Our post graduate Nurse Practitioner (NP) Training Program will provide additional skills training, as well as independent mentorship experience in dermatology for the 24 month duration.
This is an intensive clinical program that prepares NPs to diagnose and treat skin disease among culturally diverse and clinically complex patient populations, in collaboration with a board-certified dermatologist.
Trainees are employees of URMC and will comply with all patient care policies.
The NP Training Program in Dermatology at University of Rochester Medical Center is a 24 month post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners. The program is approximately 80% clinical and 20% didactic and includes side-by-side education with the URMC Dermatology Residency Program.
The NP Training Program includes a core program of general medical dermatology and clinical rotations in subspecialties of dermatology across the lifespan.
Hands on training including but not limited to all of the following areas:
- Procedures (cryotherapy, skin biopsies)
- General medical dermatology
NP Training Program Benefits
- NP Trainees are offered full employee benefits including CME allowance and paid vacation.
- Upon successful completion of the program, trainees may be offered full-time medical staff positions in the dermatology department.
- Applicants should be new graduate or early-career nurse practitioners with a strong interest in medical dermatology.
- Applicants must be license-eligible in New York State.
- A complete application includes a resume, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation from a clinical educator or colleague (APP or physician preferred).
- ANCC exam preferred. FNP required.
NPs will work with faculty with a wide variety of expertise in Dermatology. Trainees will be on the cutting edge of health care delivery as they train to work within the University of Rochester Medical Center.
Application Due Date and Interview Dates: Rolling application and interview dates. Please check Nursing Opportunities to apply.
This is a 24-month program.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance coverage available
- Dental insurance coverage available
- Life insurance coverage available
- Disability insurance coverage available
- 25 days vacation/year
- CME stipend annually