Junior Faculty Biomedical Research Association
The School of Medicine and Dentistry, Junior Faculty Biomedical Research Association (JFBRA) is an academic peer group designed to serve the unique needs of early-stage PhD and MD faculty to promote their success in scientific discovery, funding, publications, mentoring, teaching and service to the University of Rochester and the greater Rochester community.
Purpose and Goals
- Provide a forum for junior faculty to interact and to discuss the tasks and challenges that they face in establishing successful independent research programs
- Foster collaborations among basic research and clinical research faculty
- Facilitate communication among junior faculty through newsletters, emails, and JFBRA meetings
Target Group Members
Any junior faculty starting an independent research program in basic, translational, and/or clinical sciences. Examples include but are not limited to Assistant Professors in the early stages of their careers, Research Assistant Professors and Senior Instructors.
- Discussion groups to provide peer support for specific topics (decided by group)
- Interactive presentations and mentoring from senior faculty
- Structured networking sessions with junior faculty
The JFBRA will meet three times for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Dates to follow.
Elaine Hill, PhD
Assistant Professor of Public Health Sciences
Department of Public Health Sciences
Homaira Rahimi, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatric Rheumatology
Department of Pediatrics
Senior Faculty Advisor
Stephen Dewhurst, PhD
Vice Dean for Research
Professor and Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology