How to Apply
Applying for financial aid is an annual process which takes place in the spring prior to the academic year for which financial assistance is sought.
- Prospective Students: To assure full consideration for all types of financial assistance, applications for financial aid should be submitted as soon as possible after May 1. Individuals offered admission whose financial aid applications are complete by May 1 can expect to hear from the Financial Aid Office by mid-June.
- Continuing Students: To assure full consideration for all types of financial assistance, applications for financial aid should be submitted by May 1. Individuals whose financial aid applications are complete by May 1 can expect to hear from the Financial Aid Office by early July.
Federal Financial Aid
For applicants wishing to apply for federal financial aid resources only (federal loans, federal work-study) please complete the following:
- Complete the University of Rochester School of Medicine Financial Aid Application.
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by utilizing one of the following methods listed below. The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry’s FAFSA code is G24601.
- If you submitted a 2020-2021 FAFSA, you may choose the pre-filled option (previously called a Renewal FAFSA). In order to file this option via the web, a Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID) is required. If you have lost your FSAID, the website to request an FSAID is https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- If you did not file a 2020-2021 FAFSA, you can still apply via the web by using FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. This will be a blank application that you file online.
- Mobile FAFSA--Download the myStudentAid Mobile App from either the Apple App Store (iOS), or Google Play (Android). The myFAFSA component, which is used to complete the FAFSA, is the app's featured function.
- If you wish to file a paper FAFSA, please call 1-800-433-3243 to request one.
The privacy and safety of your personal information is extremely important to us. The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry offers a Secure Document Upload system for your safety and convenience. This system will allow you to upload documents you are required to submit to our office in a secure fashion, particularly documents such as tax returns that contain social security numbers and other personally identifiable information (PII).
Please do not email documents to the Financial Aid Office that contain social security numbers, or other personally identifiable information.
Following the submission of all financial aid application materials, the Financial Aid Office will begin awarding financial aid. Award letters will be emailed to students on a rolling basis, beginning in June. Award letter notifications will be emailed to returning students beginning in July. Each award recipient is required to acknowledge their financial aid award within 30 days of receipt of the award notification.