About the Program
The University of Rochester is considered one of the top and one of the most attractive Neurology residency programs in the nation. The following points contribute to this reputation:
- The breadth and depth of our faculty, including many internationally renowned teacher-clinicians and clinician-researchers.
- The UR Adult Neurology Program is highly regarded, currently ranked #12 by reputation by the Doximity residency navigator.
- UR consistently ranks as one of the top ten Neurology departments in the U.S. for extramural research funding from the National Institutes of Health.
- Our department serves as the coordination center for many large, multicenter clinical trials in Neurology.
- The broad spectrum of neurological conditions seen in a diverse patient population, encompassing a tertiary care teaching hospital and an affiliated community care hospital.
- Continual expansion of department-wide initiatives in enhancing diversity, quality and patient safety, and provider wellness.
- Superb teaching by full-time academic clinicians from all major subspecialties in Neurology.
- A close knit, friendly, “family” atmosphere among faculty, residents, fellows, and staff.
- Reasonable “in-house call” responsibilities for residents, including a night float rotation.
- Extensive longitudinal and block ambulatory Neurology experiences, including a resident continuity clinic, faculty practice group, and subspecialty clinics.
- Generous elective time to allow residents to develop individualized educational experiences.
- A fully integrated PGY-1 year in the Strong Memorial Hospital Internal Medicine Program, which enables residents to begin their Neurology continuity clinic in the first year of training.
- Robust mentoring programs to cultivate research interests and scholarly endeavors, and to guide career development at all levels of training.
- Unique international electives, highlighted by a four-week teaching elective at Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland for PGY-4 residents.