Welcome to the University of Rochester’s Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program. We hope that as you explore our site, you will see a program that is dedicated to helping you achieve rewarding careers in private practice, academics and all our subspecialties. The mission of our training program is guided by the motto of the University of Rochester: Meliora - ever better. We are dedicated to the education and training of obstetrician-gynecologists who will provide medicine of the highest order, expand knowledge, advance medical care through innovation, and who will, in turn, prepare the next generation of leaders in our specialty.
Our program provides meaningful clinical experience covering the breadth and depth of the field of OB/GYN, employs faculty in all the OB/GYN subspecialties and includes training in MIGS, pelvic pain, family planning, vulvar disease, and pediatric gynecology. Residents rotate at two hospitals, Strong Memorial (university hospital) and Highland Hospital (community based). We recruit and obtain residents from all over the country every year. We care for our residents deeply and are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive and open environment to promote learning and confidence. As part of our efforts, we adhere to and surpass work hours regulations and create schedules that are both conducive to successful training and successful family life. Our residents graduate healthy, confident and prepared and have pursued rewarding careers in private practice, teaching, research and fellowships in virtually all subspecialties.
- Resident comradery and resident contribution into the direction of the residency program.
- Dedicated faculty that truly care about resident education.
- Collaborative work with nursing, PAs, NPs, CNMs, and our physicians.
- Education specialist who coordinates teaching and development between all levels (students, residents, fellows, and faculty).
- Department communication coach.
- Flexibility and receptiveness of the department to make changes as needed rather than falling back on "it is how we’ve always done it."
- High volume obstetrics and high risk obstetrics care.
- Robust laparoscopic and robotic training.
- Our use of evidence based medicine and QA to provide the best possible patient care.
- Four-seasoned city, rich in culture, education, and activities with affordable housing.