Application deadline: May 1, 2018
The Masters in Medical Humanities Program is intended for students, trainees and professionals in healthcare disciplines (medicine, nursing, dentistry, social work, and pastoral care), in allied health sciences (occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistants) and graduate students and scholars in humanities disciplines and fields (literature, history, visual arts, anthropology, gender, cultural and religious studies) who want to integrate aspects of medicine and patient care into their academic work and teaching. Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent.
Applicants must submit the following:
- The Online Application is open
- Statement of Purpose (750 words maximum)
Please write a brief essay that addresses the following:
- Your reasons for pursuing a masters degree in medical humanities.
- How you see this particular degree program enhancing your personal, intellectual, and professional growth.
- What you hope to gain from the program.
- Writing Sample
Please submit one (1) sample of your own writing. This sample can be academic, narrative, or creative writing. The purpose of this sample is to demonstrate your writing skills.
- Additional Materials (optional)
We encourage applicants to include other samples of their work (e.g. visual arts, poetry, digital media, etc.) that supports their statement of purpose and demonstrates their work in the humanities.
- Transcripts from all previous college and graduate programs
- Three letters of recommendation from former instructors or employers
- GRE score not required
- $60 application fee