Banking Getting Paid Loan Deferments Loan Repayment Related Departments International Trainees
- Chase Bank provides full-service banking for the University community. Chase offers an array of financial services from mutual funds to life insurance, to checking and savings accounts.
- Medical Center branch location: ground floor, G-5111
- Phone number: (585) 242-0354
- ATM locations:
- On the ground floor, next to the columned entrance from Crittenden Boulevard (G-6010)
- Adjacent to the coffee shop (1-2305) near the front of the hospital
- Notary service is also available
- Please note that checks will be cashed for Chase Manhattan Bank account holders only.
- Advantage Federal Credit Union also provides banking services to the University community
- Medical Center branch location: ground floor, Suite G-6010
- Phone number: (585) 454-5900
- ATM locations:
- Next to the columned entrance from Crittenden Boulevard (G-6010) on the ground floor
- Down the hall from Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters’ location on the ground floor (G-8445)
- Between the RED and GREEN elevators on the first floor, next to the Cashier’s office (1-1399)
SMD graduate students and postdoctoral appointees are typically paid twice per month (semi-monthly or SMO). PREP trainees are typically paid every other week (biweekly hourly or BWH).
- For Graduate Students
- The SMD reports through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). If your lender works with the NSC, your loans will be deferred automatically.
- If your lender does not work with the NSC, you must obtain an official form from your lender(s). Submit the form(s) to the Registrar in Medical Center suite G-9556. Processing time for loan deferment request forms is generally within 48 business hours of receipt of form(s), Monday through Friday.
- For Postdoctoral Appointees and PREP Trainees
- Obtain an official form from your lender(s) and submit to the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs in Medical Center G-9556. Processing time for loan deferment request forms is generally within 48 business hours of receipt of form(s), Monday through Friday.
Related University of Rochester Departments
Finances for International Trainees