Accepted Students: What's Next?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Rochester
School of Medicine and Dentistry incoming Class of 2026!
We look forward to you joining us as you embark upon your career in medicine.
Below you will find helpful information on important next steps like:
- Dates and deadlines
- Second Look
- Resources and other important information
When in doubt, remember to check back on this website for updates, keep an eye on your e-mail and follow us on socials:
University of Rochester Medical School Instagram
URSMD Facebook Page and Twitter
MD/PhD Program (MSTP) Facebook Page and Twitter
Class of 2026 Facebook Page
Finally, don't forget to join us for our weekly Pop Up Cafes, where we have students, staff, and leadership available to chat on a myriad of topics. Check your e-mail for the details!
See you soon!
Dates and Deadlines
- April 8-9, 2022: Second Look (Virtual)
- April 15, 2022: Holding 3 Acceptances (AAMC Traffic Rule)
- May 2, 2022: Holding 1 Acceptance, Deadline to select "Plan to Enroll" through AMCAS
- May 4, 2022: Lottery for on-campus housing
- Early June 2022: Orientation Week Website Opening
- July 6, 2022: Rochester's deadline for "Commit to Enroll" through AMCAS
- August 1-5, 2022: In-Person Registration
- August 5, 2022: MD/PhD Retreat (MSTP applicants only, official start date)
- August 8-12, 2022: Orientation (Mandatory)
- August 15, 2022: First Day of Classes
Second Look: April 8-9, 2022
Second Look Weekend is a chance for accepted applicants to “revisit” Rochester without the pressures of the interview day. Second Look helps you to experience again what Rochester has to offer and give you a chance to meet some of your future classmates. We are planning an informative, fun virtual event with current students who are excited to meet you. Please be sure to check your e-mail and the Class of 2026 Facebook page for updates regarding Second Look Weekend. Accepted students should expect to receive an e-mail invitation to join the event.
Highlighted sessions during our Second Look may include:
- Multiple student sessions and panels to discuss life as a Rochester medical student, student organizations and affinity groups, wellness and support resources
- Mock PBL session
- Advisory Dean breakouts
- Diversity initiatives and Advocacy opportunities
- Social event(s)
- MD/PhD Research Symposium and student panel
Additional Information and Support
The Student-To-Student Guide (aka "Blue Book") is a URMC tradition, and medical students have put tons of thought and effort into this book. The Blue Book builds upon the foundation of wisdom laid down by previous classes to give you the details on courses, textbooks, housing, transportation, student groups, restaurants, entertainment, and just about everything else students have learned during their time in Rochester. Enjoy!!
A Student Written Guide (Rainbow Book) to LGBTQ+ Life in Rochester and URSMD presented by members of Spectrum at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Student Center Contacts
- Financial Aid Office Applying for financial aid is an annual process that takes place in the spring prior to the year for which support is sought. Information and the School's application may be found on the Financial Aid site.
- Bursar’s Office
- Medical School Registrar’s Office The Medical School Registrar's Office manages and maintains all academic records of all active and former medical students.
- University Health Service Find out information about health insurance and other services.