Accepted Students: What's Next?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Rochester
School of Medicine and Dentistry incoming Class of 2028!
We look forward to you joining us as you embark upon your career in medicine.
Remember to check back on this website for updates, keep an eye on your email and follow us on socials:
University of Rochester Medical School Instagram
URSMD Facebook Page and Twitter
MD/PhD Program (MSTP) Facebook Page and Twitter
Don't forget to join us for our weekly Pop Up Cafes, where we have students, staff, and leadership available to chat on a myriad of topics. Check your email for the details!
Dates and Deadlines
- April 11 - 13, 2024: Second Look
- April 15, 2024: Holding 3 Acceptances (AAMC Traffic Rule)
- April 30, 2024: Holding 1 Acceptance, Deadline to select "Plan to Enroll" through AMCAS
- May 2024: Lottery for on-campus housing
- Late June 2024: Orientation Week Website Opening
- July 8, 2024: Rochester's deadline for "Commit to Enroll" through AMCAS
- August 5 - 9, 2024: In-Person Registration (Mandatory)
- August 9, 2024: In-Person MD/PhD Retreat (Mandatory: MSTP applicants only, official start date)
- August 12 - 16, 2024: In-Person Orientation (Mandatory)
- August 16, 2024: White Coat Ceremony
- August 19, 2024: First Day of Classes
Second Look: April 11 - 13, 2024
Second Look Weekend is a chance for accepted applicants to “revisit” Rochester without the pressures of the interview day. Second Look helps you experience what Rochester has to offer and give you a chance to meet some of your future classmates. We are planning an informative, fun event with current students who are excited to meet you. Please be sure to check your email and the Class of 2028 Facebook page for updates regarding Second Look Weekend. Accepted students should expect to receive an email invitation to join the event.
Highlighted sessions during our Second Look may include:
- Student sessions and panels to discuss life as a Rochester medical student, student organizations and affinity groups, wellness and support resources
- Mock PBL session
- Simulation learning sessions
- Diversity initiatives and Advocacy opportunities
- Tour of medical school
- Social event(s)
- MD/PhD Research Symposium and student panel
Additional Information and Support
The Student-To-Student Guide (aka "Blue Book") is a URMC tradition written by our medical students. The Blue Book builds upon the foundation of wisdom laid down by previous classes to give you the details on courses, textbooks, housing, transportation, student groups, restaurants, entertainment, and just about everything else students have learned during their time in Rochester.
A Student Written Guide (Rainbow Book) to LGBTQ+ Life in Rochester and URSMD presented by members of Spectrum; the affinity group for LGBTQ+ and ally students.
Student Center Contacts
- Financial Aid Office Applying for financial aid is an annual process that takes place in the spring prior to the year for which support is sought. Information and the school's application is found on the Financial Aid site.
- Bursar’s Office
- Medical School Registrar’s Office The Medical School Registrar's Office manages and maintains all academic records of all active and former medical students.
- University Health Service Find out information about health insurance and other services.