Our Mission & Values
We exist to preserve and enhance the quality of life for the people and communities we serve by providing comprehensive, high quality health care at home delivered with compassion and integrity.
We will be the regional leader for comprehensive, high-quality health care at home through innovative services, clinical best practice, workforce excellence, and superior outcomes.
Goals (Vision Elements)
- To be the preeminent home care agency in our region for quality care, patient outcomes and customer experience.
- To be the premier workplace of choice for home care professionals, paraprofessionals, and all career paths – recognized in the community as a great place to work.
- To grow volumes and revenues primarily through strengthening our URMC system alliances.
- To be a highly efficient and cost effective provider of home and community based services.
- To have the financial resources to thrive, enabling us to reinvest in the future of our organization.
At UR Medicine Home Care, every member of our team is required to make a personal commitment to our patients, their families and our colleagues. We expect that you embrace our vision to deliver on our mission across all aspects of the agency. By doing so, we ask that you live by the ICARE values and make them central to your work life at URMHC, each and every day; treating others the way you want to be treated. Outlined below are some ICARE behaviors we all must do to consistently deliver our mission, vision and principals of patient and family-centered care.
Core ICARE Values
- Always tell the truth.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient and fellow employee information.
- Always do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Greet others with a smile, say "please" and "thank you."
- Help others when there is a need, even if it is not in your job description.
- End every customer encounter by asking, "What else can I do for you?"
- Do what you say you are going to do, and what you are responsible for.
- Demonstrate respect for others by answering your emails and voicemails within 24 hours.
- Admit and take ownership for mistakes and incorporate lessons learned into future efforts; don’t blame others.
- Recognize our differences and value the contributions we all bring.
- Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Always show support for each other and UR Medicine Home Care. Always have each other’s back.
- Seek to rise above the ordinary and be the best you can be.
- Embrace and engage in our culture of Forever Lean through continuous improvement.