Magnetic Resonance Imaging Fellowship Program
Gary Hollenberg, M.D., F.A.C.R.
Program Director, Professor
I would like to welcome prospective candidates to the University of Rochester Department of Imaging Sciences Advanced MRI fellowship training program. Our program is one of a few in the nation to offer advanced training in outpatient MRI encompassing neuroradiology, musculoskeletal imaging, and body imaging.
Fellow teaching is provided at the work station by seven dedicated fellowship trained University of Rochester Department of Imaging Sciences faculty. Fellows actively participate in our weekly UMI MRI conference and in monthly interdisciplinary sports medicine and rheumatology conferences.
The strength of our program stems from our breadth of case material and exposure to a wide spectrum of pathologies. Neuroradiology cases encompass both acute and chronic abnormalities including degenerative spine and disc abnormalities, abnormalities of demyelination, and CNS and head and neck tumor evaluation.
Our large musculoskeletal referral base includes both University of Rochester and community based orthopedic specialists. We perform imaging for professional, collegiate and recreational athletes with a full range of orthopedic sports medicine abnormalities. We also perform imaging for pediatric and adult patients with a variety of degenerative and post traumatic orthopedic abnormalities. We have a busy MR arthrogram program involving multiple joints. In addition, we serve as the primary outpatient medical imaging center for the University of Rochester Medical Center.
The UMI fellows are actively involved in the protocolling and interpretation of MR cases including body MRI cases. Advanced imaging techniques include multimodality prostate MR imaging evaluation, spectroscopy and MR neurography. MRA and MRV are also performed for many of our patients to evaluate atherosclerotic, developmental, and oncologic abnormalities. We look forward to meeting you and discussing our program with you further.
Four positions are available per year. For more information about the MRI fellowship program, please email Colleen Cottrell.
Jeffrey Dines, MD
Dane Lee, MD
Anthony Mirabella, DO
- 2019: Monica Bhattacharjee, Radiologist
- 2019: Rami Farhat, Radiologist
- 2014: Vikas Datta, Radiologist, Seton Imaging; Buffalo, NY
- 2014: Narasimhachar Prativadi, Radiologist, Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran's Hospital; Columbia, MO
- 2014: Scott Wilbur, Radiologist, URMC via Thompson Health; Canandaigua, NY
- 2013: Parul Patel, Radiologist, Rochester General Hospital; Rochester, NY
- 2013: Stephanie Soehnlein, Radiologist, Southtowns Radiology; Buffalo, NY
- 2013: Nadia Yusaf, Radiologist, Borg and Ide Imaging; Rochester, NY
- 2012: Daniel O'Connor, Emergency Radiologist, University of Rochester Medical Center; Rochester, NY
- 2011: Damien Dawson, Radiologist, URMC via Highland Hospital; Rochester, NY