Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care
Our Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program is ideal for both new and experienced nursing professionals to introduce and reinforce the essentials of inpatient obstetric nursing care. The series is designed to orient nurses to the perinatal unit and provide the most current and comprehensive education for more experienced staff, allowing educators to reinforce knowledge and establish consistent care across the unit. The program will help reduce risk and errors, increase efficiency and patient care, reinforce and document staff competency, and grow the knowledge and skills of the nurses in your unit.
CNE Contact Hours are included with each course. Individual course purchases include access for one person for one year, with delayed start dates available for multiple course purchases upon request.
December 2018 Sale: Save $50 off individual access to the Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care six-course series with 50 CNE Contact Hours, including 17.5 Pharmacology Contact hours! No coupon code needed, just use our store link to save! Hurry, this offer ends 12/31/18!
Individuals can purchase all six courses as a series at a discounted rate versus purchasing each course individually. Access to the six course series for Individual Professionals includes 50 CNE Contact Hours and access for one person for one year.
Group access to the six course series includes unlimited access for one year for up to 75 participants. 50 CNE Contact Hours are available for separate purchase at a discounted rate to group participants.
Six Course Series
Course 1: Physiologic and Psychosocial Changes in Pregnancy
- Reviews normal physiologic and psychosocial changes during pregnancy.
- Outlines physiologic changes to include the key organ systems, impact assessment, and laboratory findings.
- Addresses psychosocial changes including the normal psychosocial adaptation process and the impact of incomplete psychosocial adaptation.
- Eligible for 4.0 CNE Contact Hours.
Course 1: Physiologic and Psychosocial Changes in Pregnancy Overview
Course 2: Care of the Intrapartum Patient
- Discusses the normal process of labor and delivery.
- Reviews physiologic changes that occur prior to and during the labor and delivery process.
- Describes the labor and delivery nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, interventions and evaluation.
- Reviews different medical interventions that can occur during the intrapartum period, including cervical ripening, induction of labor and assisted delivery.
- Discusses complications including shoulder dystocia, uterine rupture and postpartum hemorrhage that could be seen during each stage of labor.
- Eligible for 15.0 CNE Contact Hours (7.5 Pharmacology Hours.)
Course 2: Care of the Intrapartum Patient Overview
Course 3: Physiologic and Psychosocial Changes in the Postpartum Period
- Reviews normal physiologic and psychosocial changes during the postpartum period.
- Outlines physiologic changes to include the key organ systems and the impact on postpartum assessment.
- Addresses psychosocial changes during the normal adaptation process following delivery.
- Discusses the impact of incomplete psychosocial adaptation to the newborn, new role, and family.
- Eligible for 6.0 CNE Contact Hours.
Course 3: Physiologic and Psychosocial Changes in the Postpartum Period Overview
Course 4: Care of the Postpartum Woman
- Discusses the normal process for the postpartum woman.
- Reviews the normal changes and the nursing process for caring for the postpartum woman.
- Reviews the importance of discharge planning and teaching, and contraceptive methods.
- Reviews the normal psychosocial adaptation and the impact of postpartum depression or psychosis, including nursing interventions. • Reviews potential postpartum complications and interventions.
- Eligible for 7.0 CNE Contact Hours (2.0 Pharmacology Hours.)
Course 4: Care of the Postpartum Woman Overview
Course 5: Complications of Pregnancy
- Discusses frequent complications observed during pregnancy, including: hypertensive disorders of pregnancy; bleeding in pregnancy; preterm delivery; twin gestation; obesity; hyperemesis gravidarum; diabetes mellitus; pyelonephritis; deep vein thrombosis; intrauterine growth restriction; anaphylactic syndrome of pregnancy, also known as amniotic fluid embolus; and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Addresses the impact these complications have on the mother and the fetus.
- Discusses both medical and nursing interventions key to each complication.
- Eligible for 16.0 CNE Contact Hours (8.0 Pharmacology Hours.)
Course 5: Complications of Pregnancy Overview
Course 6: Perinatal Loss
- Addresses issues that impact the grieving mother and her family. • Reviews the three stages of grieving, including a discussion regarding the progression through each stage.
- Discusses strategies to assist the grieving parents through this difficult period and the importance of promoting lasting memories.
- Eligible for 2.0 CNE Contact Hours.
Course 6: Perinatal Loss Overview
Six-Course Series Access - Individuals and Groups
All six courses are available for purchase as a series with unlimited access for one year for individual professionals and for groups. Access to the series includes all six courses. The Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care group access is ideal for perinatal units, nurse educator training, and for annual mandatory education. Series access for individual professionals is a great resource for inpatient obstetric-related continuing education, certification maintenance, and license renewals. 50.0 CNE Contact Hours are included in each individual series purchase and are available for purchase for any group participant at a discounted rate.
How to Purchase
- Visit our online store to purchase each course, individual and group series access, or to purchase group CNE contact hours.
- Complete and return the Essentials Registration Form with payment.
- December 2018 Sale: Save $50 off individual access to the Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care six-course series with 50 CNE Contact Hours, including 17.5 Pharmacology Contact hours! No coupon code needed, just use our store link to save! Hurry, this offer ends 12/31/18!
Essentials of Pain Management
Essentials of Fetal Monitoring
Essentials of Newborn Care