ECHO Geriatric Mental Health in Long Term Care (GEMH) OMH
ECHO Geriatric Mental Health in Long Term Care (GEMH) OMH aims to increase skills, knowledge, and self-efficacy of long-term care clinicians in their management of older adults with behavioral health and dementia care needs.
Structure and Schedule
Community-based clinicians present difficult cases in a structured format. The URMC hub team then guides group discussion and provides recommendations. Short didactic presentations by the URMC hub team provide additional content knowledge.
ECHO GEMH OMH
Sessions occur every other Tuesday for 60 minutes,1:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m.
*Disclaimer – this is a closed group and approval from OMH is required to add participants. Please contact Linda_Williams@URMC.rochester.edu with questions.
Our Hub Team
- Elizabeth Santos, MD, Geriatric Psychiatrist, Director of ECHO GEMH OMH
- Michael Hasselberg, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Halimah Ouedraogo, BA, MS (Cnd), Director of Professional Education, Alzheimer's Association
- Jane Sundberg, PharmD, Pharmacist
- Lisa Vargish, MD, MS, Assistant Professor Geriatrics/Aging
- LeAnn Nelson, LCSW-R
Sponsored by the Office of Mental Health (OMH) https://www.omh.ny.gov/