URMC Transgender Health ECHO
The Gender Patient Support (GPS): Health & Wellness Program’s Project ECHO, is a brand-new virtual learning space for health care providers and therapists across Western NY in providing gender-affirming care to transgender and gender diverse adults.
We welcome health care providers of all disciplines (including medicine, nursing, social work, psychology...) and of any specialty, who serve patients in Western NY. There is no fee for participation.
Through this ECHO, we aim to improve access to knowledge, research, health care delivery, and clinical treatment when working with transgender and gender diverse adults, grounded in best practice guidelines and evidence-based medicine.
Topics will include:
- Language and definitions
- Affirmation in medical documentation
- Introduction to gender affirming medical options
- Supporting non-binary patients
- Prescribing gender affirming hormones
- Writing letters of medical necessity for gender affirming medical/surgical interventions
- Fertility considerations for individuals undergoing gender affirming medical/surgical interventions
And so much more!
Structure and Schedule
Starting March 22, 2023, this ECHO will be offered on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:00-1:00pm.
We know that clinicians are busy and may not always have a predictable schedule. Even if you know you won't be able to attend every session, we still welcome you to sign up and attend whenever your schedule permits. Registration is on a rolling basis.
12:00-12:30pm: Didactic teaching
12:30-1pm: Interactive Case Presentation and discussion
Our Hub Team
- Jamie Mehringer, M.D. (he/him/his)
- Megan Lytle, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
- Izabela Subczynska, M.D. (she/her/hers)
- Jack O’Connor, N.P. (they/them/theirs)