2613 West Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Interventions for Changes in Emotions, Perception, and Thinking (INTERCEPT) is a unique mental health program for young people aged 15 to 28. Designed to address new and distressing symptoms in their early stages, it offers opportunities to help prevent progression to more serious conditions.
Through INTERCEPT, young people can learn to identify, monitor, and manage changes in behavior and mental health. Treatment components are tailored to the individual and can include individual and group therapy, problem solving, social skills training, goal planning, and more. Structured to minimize disruptions to school, work, and relationships, INTERCEPT can help young people make “course corrections” on their journey to mental wellness.
INTERCEPT aims to prevent the progression of early symptoms into serious psychiatric conditions. Treatment is tailored to the unique needs of each patient, but generally, the components of treatment include:
- Cognitive-behavior therapy and other forms of individual psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- Safety planning
- Assistance with difficulties in school or at work
- Goal setting
- Relapse prevention
- Social skills training
- Treatment for substance use
- Involvement of the family
- Medication as needed
- Other interventions as needed, including sleep, nutrition, and exercise
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
What to Bring
- Bring your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages) and/or the medication bottles themselves. If you use any health monitoring equipment or over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months; please bring these in with you to your visit.
- Check to see which prescription refills you may need so we can provide them for you at the time of your visit.