2613 West Henrietta Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Monday, Thursday, Friday 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday 8 a.m.−5 p.m.
The Medicine in Psychiatry Service - Primary Care (MIPS-PC) office cares for patients 18 and older and receives referrals for people with psychiatric illnesses who have little or no engagement in traditional outpatient medical care or who would benefit from a tailored medical approach that takes their psychiatric illness into account.
Referral sources include community-based psychiatrists, primary care physicians, behavioral health professionals—including from within the department of psychiatry—and discharging physicians from the closely affiliated inpatient MIPS medical unit at URMC. While providing full-spectrum primary care services to all of its patients, MIPS physicians also provide psychiatric care and mental health counseling to a limited cohort of patients who are stable on their psychiatric medication regimens.
Our primary care office provides the following services and benefits to all our patients:
- Preventive care, annual physical exams, health screenings, and sick visits
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol
- Same-day appointments
- After-hours services to speak to a MIPS provider
- Nursing triage line during office hours to help with refills and other requests
- Immunizations including flu and COVID vaccines
- Onsite lab draw services and pharmacy services
- Online availability to your medical record through MyChart
- Women's Initiative Supporting Health (WISH-TC)
We do offer same-day appointments for those who need this service. Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality patient-centered care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
What to Bring
- Bring your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages) and/or the medication bottles themselves. If you use any health monitoring equipment or any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months; please bring these in with you to your visit.
- Check to see which prescription refills you may need so we can provide them for you at the time of your visit.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
You can send a refill request for any of your refillable medications through MyChart. If you are not able to refill your prescription through MyChart and need a prescription refill between appointments, please contact your pharmacy.
We will not process ANY prescription refill requests after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Processing routine or ongoing medication refill requests may take up to five (5) business days.
Patients Requiring Hospitalization
For MIPS patients requiring hospitalization for acute medical conditions, our patients will be preferentially admitted to our sister program, Inpatient Medicine in Psychiatry Unit (IMIP), located at Strong Memorial Hospital, subject to availability.