601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Monday–Friday 7 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
Golisano Children's Hospital offers some of the finest surgical services for children. Pediatric surgeries take place in the William and Mildred Levine Pediatric Surgical Suite, a facility designed with children's needs and comfort in mind. The Pediatric Surgery Service is composed of a specialty team that manages surgical problems in infants and children to age 15 years. Caring for an average of approximately 1,100 outpatient visitors annually and performing approximately 2,000 operative procedures a year.
The Pediatric Surgery Service at Golisano Children's Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center and the regional provider for the Upstate and Finger Lakes region of New York extending to the Pennsylvania border. Our division works closely with a variety of programs and services throughout the hospital.
At the Golisano Children's Hospital we understand that "your child needs surgery" may be some of the most frightening words a parent ever hears. Here, we know that when it comes to surgery, children are not little adults but, need gentle and special care. The pediatric surgery team provides high-quality, compassionate, and family-centered care for infants, children, and adolescents. We also help counsel parents who are expecting a baby who has been diagnosed, before birth, with a birth defect that may require surgery. In addition, we offer a Kessler Burn & Trauma Center.
We provide care for pediatric patients through the age of 15 years. We perform a wide variety of surgical procedures including:
- Treatment of congenital malformations
- Abdominal and thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Oncologic surgery
- Burn and trauma surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Getting Ready for Surgery: A Guide for Parents (PDF)
- Getting Ready for Surgery: A Guide for Parents (en español) (PDF)
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention (PDF)
- Your Child's Hospital Stay
- Photo Guide to the Pediatric Surgical Suite (PDF)
- Going to the Hospital to Have Surgery - PEC
- G-Tube Home Care Support - Instructions on Caring for Your Child's G-Tube