140 Canal View Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14623
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.−5 p.m.
UR Medicine Pulmonary Rehabilitation services are designed for those diagnosed with chronic lung diseases. We accept patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis, as well as those experiencing ongoing breathing difficulties after having COVID-19.
Patient & Visitor Information
We are conveniently located in the Canal View Office Complex off of Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road and Winton Road. We share a suite with UR Medicine Cardiac Care. We offer free and ample parking.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation facility offers a modern, spacious environment with state-of-the-art equipment, locker rooms with showers and high-tech telemetry and oximetry monitoring capabilities.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program includes:
- Breathing retraining exercises
- Exercise machines
- Weight training with an exercise physiologist
- Support to quit smoking
- Stress management and emotional well-being support
- Medication management education
- Nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
Admission to Our Program
Step 1. Talk to your doctor about the health benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation. If you have not had a recent pulmonary function test, your doctor will schedule one for you. Your doctor will then complete a referral to UR Medicine Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Step 2. Once the UR Medicine Pulmonary Rehabilitation team has received the required documents, one of our staff will contact you to schedule your first session.
Step 3. At your orientation session, you will:
- Meet our multidisciplinary staff, including a registered respiratory therapist for a personalized assessment
- Address your oxygen needs
- Perform a six-minute walk to test your personal endurance level
- Establish your goals for your personalized pulmonary rehabilitation program
Subsequent sessions will be scheduled twice weekly for 9 weeks, for a total of 18 sessions 60-90 minutes long. You will be closely monitored at all times, with staff tracking your heart rate, oxygen levels, blood pressure and levels of perceived breathlessness. Should you require it, oxygen cannulas and tanks will be provided for use in our facility.
Most insurance plans cover up to 36 lifetime pulmonary rehabilitation visits. Patients are generally responsible for a co-pay, co-insurances and/or deductibles.