Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Make Appointments & Get Care
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
At UR Medicine’s Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine division, you’ll find a team of dedicated faculty devoted to providing comprehensive patient care. We are a referral base for patients with complex lung diseases, critical illnesses, and sleep disorders. Whether you need consultation services, evaluation and diagnosis, or treatment, we will provide compassionate, highly-personalized care.
Our staff provide clinical services at Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, FF Thompson and Mary Parkes Center for Asthma, Allergy and Pulmonary Care. Several of our faculty also provide their expertise at area sleep centers in Brighton and Brockport. The Division provides tertiary and quaternary critical care services at Strong Memorial Hospital, and provides critical care expertise at Highland and FF Thompson hospitals. This comprehensive coverage promotes a network of community-wide critical care, allowing seamless transitions between three sites if and when necessary.
Through our clinical, research and educational programs, we are training the next generation of pulmonary and allergy physicians to serve our community and beyond.
UR Medicine's Approach
As a major referral center, we see patients with all lung diseases, including asthma and severe asthma, COPD, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, lung nodules and lung cancer, and sarcoidosis. Our interventional pulmonary program has over a decade of experience using the latest diagnostic tools, including endobronchial ultrasound guided biopsy (EBUS), electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy (ENB), and more recently, robotic bronchoscopy.
To request a physician's appointment at Strong Memorial or FF Thompson Hospitals, call (585) 275-4161. To request an appointment at Mary Parkes, call (585) 486-0147. To request an appointment at Highland Hospital Pulmonary Clinic, call (585) 341-6774. To schedule a consultation appointment at UR Medicine Sleep Center in our Brighton or Brockport sleep centers, call (585) 341-7575.
If you must cancel your appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
Self-scheduling for Follow-up Appointments
We are now offering online self-scheduling for follow-up appointments! If you'd like to schedule a follow-up appointment, login to your MyChart account and go to "Appointments and Visits" to get started!
We're offering a convenient new way to access some of our services using telemedicine. Telemedicine provides an efficient way to attend appointments with our providers, from the privacy and comfort of your home.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We are renowned for our expertise in pulmonary hypertension, with the only practice in New York state outside of new York city accredited by the pulmonary hypertension association center of Comprehensive Care
- Our Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Care Center is the only PFFCC network site in Upstate New York.
- The Asthma Registry at Mary Parkes Center, created through support of the Parkes Family Foundation, tracks vital information on asthma patients who volunteer to participate. Through this registry we are gaining a better understating of what treatment work best for a patient’s unique situation.
- Our COPD program has been repeatedly recognized by US News and World Reports as high performing.
- First in region to offer Zephyr Valve, a new minimally invasive therapy, to treat severe emphysema.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Red Creek (Calkins Corporate Park)
400 Red Creek Drive, Suite 110
Rochester, NY 14623