Make Appointments & Get Care
What are Pulmonary Nodules?
Pulmonary nodules are spots in the lung up to 3 centimeters in size (larger than that is categorized as a mass).
Nodules are fairly common and are often found accidentally on imaging done for other reasons. Nodules have a wide range of causes; the challenge is determining which nodules are cancerous.
UR Medicine's Treatments for Pulmonary Nodules
The UR Medicine Pulmonary Nodule Program seeks to determine if someone has cancer as early and as safely as possible, using minimally invasive procedures. If cancer is discovered, we also provide ongoing care to help you manage the symptoms related to your disease that can develop during and after treatment.
Our pulmonologists, thoracic oncologists, thoracic surgeons, thoracic radiologists, and pathologists work together as a team to offer cutting-edge diagnostics and treatments.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Fast access to initial consultation appointments
- Evaluation of patients with single or multiple nodules, with recommendations for additional testing, monitoring, and/or treatment if appropriate
- Advanced, state-of-the-art, minimally invasive procedures to evaluate nodules, diagnose cancer, and to manage symptoms associated with cancer
- Coordination of specialty care with thoracic surgeons, oncologists, and radiation oncologists to expedite treatment
- Ongoing communication with your team of doctors
We emphasize evidence-based medicine and use internationally developed and recognized guidelines, but we also believe that each patient is unique and has specific needs. We customize evaluation and treatment to each person to provide the best possible care.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Red Creek (Calkins Corporate Park)
400 Red Creek Drive, Suite 110
Rochester, NY 14623