Sands Cancer Center
395 West Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
Wilmot Cancer Institute's Sands Cancer Center is located at Thompson Health in Canandaigua. Known for its compassionate care, Sands Cancer Center features an outpatient infusion center, which is part of Strong Memorial Hospital, as well as a three-chair general infusion center serving the community. Sands Cancer Center also has a radiation oncology department, which is part of Highland Hospital. The center provides care for adults with many types of cancers and hematologic disorders. Established in 2000, Sands provides access to the most comprehensive and advanced care in a comfortable environment, utilizing advanced radiation oncology technology.
With convenient on-site parking, Sands Cancer Center features one radiation treatment area and a large infusion center for patients who need chemotherapy, hematology or infusion therapy. Other features include:
- An on-site lab for blood work is available for patients. Blood draw services are also available at UR Medicine’s many other convenient laboratory locations.
- Supportive resources including social work and help navigating benefits and financial assistance programs.
- Wig, scarves and prosthesis resources.
- Monthly support group for patients.
- Integrative oncology resources such as massage therapy.
- Clinical trials, which are available for a variety of cancers at different stages and help lead to the next generation of therapies.
- Advanced diagnostic testing for certain cancers, helping physicians to tailor treatments more precisely to a patient’s needs.
- Outpatient palliative care services to help with pain and symptom management, as well as decision-making, throughout the treatment process.
- Survivorship care planning to help patients navigate life after treatment.
- Support groups available to patients and families.
- Integrative Oncology services, currently available virtually with limited in-person classes, through Wilmot's Pluta Integrative Oncology & Wellness Center.
- Genetics counseling and testing for Wilmot patients and/or family members at Wilmot's Hereditary Cancer Risk Reduction and Screening Program, currently available virtually or in person.