2134 Penfield Road
Penfield, NY 14526-1736
Fax (585) 377-0022
Open Daily 9 a.m.−8 p.m.
Holidays 9 a.m.−4 p.m.
No appointment necessary.
Masking InformationNew York State ended its mask mandate in clinical care facilities on Feb. 13, 2023. Following state and federal guidance, UR Medicine Urgent Care has developed a policy on visitor masking and infection prevention that balances patient and staff safety with convenience. Masking is encouraged for patients and visitors, and masks will be provided on request.
Urgent Care is for an illness or injury that requires quick care but is not life-threatening. It’s meant to support, not replace, care from your regular doctor. When possible, check with your primary care physician before seeking urgent care.
You can walk into any of our many locations without an appointment. Common conditions we treat include abdominal pain, broken bones, coughs, earaches, fevers, flu, infections, minor burns/trauma, nausea, rashes, sore throat, sprains, strains, vomiting.
Imaging and lab services are available on site for quick diagnosis. So, for example, you won't need to wait to find out if a bone is broken, or if you have strep or a urinary tract infection.
Important Information Regarding COVID Testing
- COVID/Flu/RSV Testing: UR Medicine Urgent Care evaluates and treats those ILL with symptoms. We do not provide testing for exposure or those that do not have symptoms.
- Those with mild symptoms or who need COVID testing should use public testing locations or check with their Primary Care Provider.
- It is NOT necessary to confirm a positive rapid COVID test. Unless you need medical care, you should remain isolated at home and contact the Monroe County DOH to report a positive test.
- Unless you need medical care, you should remain isolated at home per CDC guidelines.
- UR Medicine Urgent Care is not a COVID testing only site.
Using 'On My Way' doesn't guarantee a scheduled appointment time slot but we do our best to accommodate all our patients . This feature tells us you're coming to Urgent Care so we can reduce the information needed during check-in and better prepare for your visit. Please note that wait times are based on our best estimate, and we need to see patients based on the severity of their illness. Wait times begin for patients on site and checked-in. When you arrive, please come inside and your brief check-in process will take place.View Wait Times
Insurance & Payment
Below is a list of insurance carriers that UR Medicine Urgent Care accepts. Each carrier may offer several different plans, and UR Medicine may not accept all of these plans. Please contact your insurance carrier to learn if UR Medicine accepts your particular plan, and whether the services you need are covered under your plan.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Monroe Plan/Your Care
- United HealthCare
As with most urgent care centers, we request payment at the time of your service. Fees vary depending on the level of service you need. If you have questions about insurance or payment, please ask our reception staff when you arrive. We are always happy to help.
You can pay your bill online using our online bill payment system.