Administered by the UR Medicine Department of Psychiatry, the Telepsychiatry Program is a telemental health program designed to provide consultations for skilled nursing facility residents, and rural hospitals. Telepsychiatry allows patients to receive timely and specialty consultation through the use of interactive telemedicine technology.
Long-term Care Facility Residents
Our telepsychiatry services are available to all residents (new or existing) who live in a facility that contracts the service. It helps:
- Assist the long-term care treatment team to successfully treat delirium, depression, disruptive behaviors, and other psychiatric conditions.
- Foster interaction among patients, providers, and specialists to develop the best possible plan of care.
- Ensure continuity of care and improve health outcomes.
- Eliminate the need for transportation of facility residents to a mental health provider’s office.
- Reduce hospital readmissions.
- Provide residents with care in the comfort of their own rooms.
Our telepsychiatry program benefits partnering rural hospitals by:
- Facilitating diagnosis and interventions.
- Recommending treatment for difficult or rare cases.
- Providing evaluation and consultation, as well as educating patients about their condition.
Location and Driving Directions
315 Science Parkway
Rochester, NY 14620