Early committed for 2019-2020. Not accepting applications at this time. Thank you for your interest in our program.
About the Program
The PGY2 Oncology pharmacy residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center is a 12-month, full-time curriculum that provides the essential elements needed to shape a successful pharmacy specialist. This intensive training involves activities in a wide variety of practice settings:
- Rounding with multi-disciplinary malignant hematology, medical oncology, and blood/marrow transplant teams
- Providing ambulatory pharmacy services to both solid and liquid tumor patients in the outpatient Wilmot Cancer Institute clinics
- Participating in the oral chemotherapy program by providing patient education, clinical follow-up and drug information services
- Applying appropriate sterile compounding technique for chemotherapy preparation
- Numerous opportunities for precepting, teaching, and counseling patients, students, residents, pharmacists, and other health care professionals as an integral part of the health care team
PGY2 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and PGY1 pharmacy residency programs to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists in specialized areas of practice. PGY2 residencies provide residents with opportunities to function independently as practitioners by conceptualizing and integrating accumulated experience and knowledge and incorporating both into the provision of patient care or other advanced practice settings. Residents who successfully complete an accredited PGY2 pharmacy residency are prepared for advanced patient care, academic, or other specialized positions, along with board certification.
This PGY2 advanced pharmacy practice residency program in oncology is intended to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of a qualified pharmacist that are necessary to be an expert clinical pharmacy practitioner in oncology. It is intended that a graduate of this program will be fully qualified to develop and sustain an independent and successful clinical pharmacy practice in any oncology setting.
Additional details can be found in the Pharmacy Residency Brochure
Adam Melaragno, Pharm.D., B.C.O.P.
Director | PGY2 Oncology Residency Program
Clinical Pharmacist, Blood and Marrow Transplant
Wilmot Cancer Institute
University of Rochester Medical Center
601 Elmwood Ave, Box 638
Rochester, NY 14642
Phone: (585) 275-6368