Amputation Management Program
Every year thousands of Americans undergo an amputation of a limb. We understand that this is a life changing event. We are here to help you. Our amputation management program provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary care of patients with amputations.
- Consultation and education both before and after amputation surgeries
After amputation care includes:
- Education to optimize medical and physical function which includes prevention of contractures, limb edema management, skin complications, and expectations for recovery
- Evaluating and monitoring physical and occupational therapy needs
- Assessing need for an assistive device or durable medical equipment (DME)
- At clinic visits the doctor works on site with a Prosthetist for customized prosthesis design and fit and gait evaluation
- Monitoring and treatment of related issues such as phantom pain, neuromas,etc.
- Helping connect with community resources