Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital
Project SEARCH at Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital is a unique learning opportunity for students with disabilities in the GST Region. This is a one-year high school transition program in which students are totally immersed in the workplace environment. Students complete three 10-week internships within the hospital and skilled nursing facility. Students work toward the goal of competitive employment upon graduation.
Types of Internships
- Environmental Services (Housekeeping)
- Activity Aide in Taylor Health Center and Adult Day Care
- Food and Nutrition (Dietary Aide)
- Linen Services
- Environmental Aide in Taylor Health Center
- Health Information Management (Clerical)
- Rehab. Aide in Outpatient Rehab. Dept.
Typical Daily Schedule
Project SEARCH at Ira Davenport follows the Bath Central School District calendar. Interns arrive between 8:00 – 8:45. They work on daily journals and real-life reading and math skills independently. Classroom instruction is from 8:45 – 9:30. Internships are 9:30 – 1:30 with a 30-minute lunch break. Interns complete a time sheet and review their day in an afternoon journal. Dismissal is at 2:00.
- GST BOCES
- Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital (Arnot Health)
- Arc of Steuben
GST BOCES Director of Special Education and Itinerant Services
607- 739-3581 ext. 2309