Rochester Regional Center for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Program Description and Information
The RRCASD is one of seven New York State regional centers for autism spectrum disorders, aimed to provide community education and technical assistance to the following counties: Cayuga, Livingston, Monroe, Onondaga, Ontario, Oswego, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates.
The RRCASD provides various informational resources on autism spectrum disorder to families and professionals throughout the region, including webinars, information sheets, and online training videos.
Additionally, the RRCASD provides a variety of programs and services to professionals, caregivers, and individuals with autism spectrum disorder each year, including:
- Susan Hetherington, Ph.D., UCEDD Director
- Suzannah Iadarola, Ph.D., BCBA-D, RRCASD Director
- Valerie Smith, M.S., RRCASD Coordinator
- Jennifer Ward, Project Coordinator
- Jonathan Payne, Office Assistant
- Erin Palma, Parent Representative
- Ann Scherff, Parent Representative
- Brenna Cavanaugh, Psy.D. BCBA-D, Clinical Provider
- Ken Shamlian, Psy.D. BCBA-D, Clinical Provider
- Lisa Luxemberg, LMSW, Social Worker
- Mary Brzustowicz, Family Navigator
- Lisa Latten, MS Ed Health Project Coordinator
- Jacqui Liebman, Family Navigator
- Jackie Yingling, Family Navigator
The RRCASD is funded by the New York State Department of Education.
Title: Mindfulness and Caregiving
The RRCASD is made possible through a grant from the NYS Education Department and is a program of the Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities at the University of Rochester Medical Center. These resources are provided for informational purposes only. Information should not be used as a substitute for professional assessment and judgment. Although the information is believed to be accurate and reliable, all information is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. The University of Rochester shall not be liable for any damages, including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, which may arise out of the use of the information contained within this resource.