Friends of Strong Reopens Hospital Gift Shop
The Friends of Strong Gift Shop is reopening its doors for the first time since COVID-19 precautions temporarily paused operations in March. Three months later, you can still count on a diverse selection of gifts, toys, flowers, greeting cards, books, snacks and beverages — Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“Everyone is invited to stop by to grab a snack or peruse our selection of unique gift ideas. Please be patient with us as we work to provide great you a great shopping experience with new processes and store policies developed with the utmost safety of all patrons in mind,” says Gift Shop Manager Luanne Crosby. “You may not see it, but we are smiling behind our masks and we’ve missed being here for you.”
The Gift Shop is opening with new measures aimed at keeping all patrons safe by only allowing up to seven individual shoppers in the store at one time. Likewise, the Gift Shop will maintain shortened operating hours on week days while remaining closed on the weekends to allow for comprehensive cleaning.
The Gift Shop has also removed some store fixtures to create more space for shoppers to comfortably practice social distancing. “This makes display a little trickier,” Luanne adds. “But we want to provide our shoppers with the beautiful gift options we’ve always offered, while stocking the every-day basics that our patients, their families and our employees have come to appreciate.”
She advises that if you see something you like, buy it. The shop won’t have the luxury of stocking multiples at this time, and many products are now hard to come by.
Although visitation restrictions are still in effect, friends and family of our in-patient population can also find great gifts to show they care via Friends of Strong’s Online Gift Shop—which is now reopened for direct-to-patient, in-room delivery. Visit stronggiftshop.urmc.edu to learn more and peruse the online gift store.
- Gifts for Dad
(Limited supply, but fun!)
- Greeting Cards
- Limited Selection of Summer Attire
- Garden Embellishments
(wind chimes, garden stakes, sun catchers)
- Fun Badge Reels
- Activities, Toys, Puzzles and Games for all ages
(Many designed to be played without an opponent.)
- Summer Fashion
(Casual or Dressy.)
(soft colors, seagrass, prints)
- Kick Cancer to the Curb Designer Socks
- Hand Moisturizers and Lotions
Things to Keep In Mind When You Stop By
- Only seven (7) individual shoppers allowed in the store at a time.
- No Cash Sales! Credit & Debit card only.
- Entrance Only / Exit Only doors will be staffed.
- Please use hand sanitizer when entering the store.
- Everyone in the store must wear a mask.
- Shop with your eyes as much as you can.
- No fitting room available at this time.
- Hours are limited: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
- All sales and promotions are “on pause” until further notice as the Gift Shop acclimates to its new business model.
Matt Ulakovic |
You may also like