Services for Patients, Families, and Staff
We believe that the best patient care includes not only medical care but also spiritual and emotional care of the whole person—for people of every faith. In your time of need, we will be there to comfort, listen, talk, or pray. We respect your personal religious beliefs and cultural values.
We are here to provide spiritual and emotional support for patients, families, and hospital staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...a chaplain is always in the hospital.
We provide the following services:
- Regular visitation on patient care units.
- By request or referral, visits to patients and families. To request a chaplain visit, contact us or ask a doctor or nurse to make the call for you.
- Pre-surgical visits to patients.
- Faith community notification. Upon your request, we will notify your Church, Synagogue, Mosque, or other place of worship about your hospitalization.
- Worship services in the Interfaith Chapel
- Sacramental services and religious rituals:
- Emergency baptism
- Blessing of infants
- Anointing of the sick
- Bedside prayers
- Shabbat candles for Jewish patients
- Other services as requested
- Bereavement support
- Assistance with end-of-life care and planning
- Response to faith-specific requests
- Spiritual counseling on ethical issues faced by patients and their families
- Religious programming on closed circuit television throughout the hospital, at no cost to hospital patients (TV channel 75)
- A place for quiet reflection, meditation, and prayer—24 hours a day