URMC / Strong Nursing / About Us / Mission, Vision, Values
Mission, Vision, Values
The mission of Strong Memorial Hospital is to improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering the highest quality healthcare in a safe, compassionate environment enriched by education, science and technology.
We will define and deliver Medicine of the Highest Order and set the standard for compassion, innovation and superior care.
Guided by the needs of our patients, families, staff and trainees we are strongly committed to these values
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves in a fair, responsible and trustworthy manner.
- Compassion – We act with empathy and understanding toward others.
- Accountability – We are obligated to take responsibility for our actions and join with colleagues in realizing the hospital’s vision.
- Respect – We treat patients, families and colleagues with dignity and sensitivity, valuing their differences.
- Excellence – We rise above the ordinary through personal and team efforts.
The Strong Commitment
We are committed to exceeding the expectations and serving the needs of those who trust us to provide them the best possible care with compassion, respect and exceptional health care.
We expect all staff embrace this commitment and make it central to work life at Strong, every day. Download the Strong Commitment Agreement Form.