Here are some important guidelines to follow for choosing the most qualified plastic surgeon:
- Make sure the surgeon is board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- The surgeon should have special training in plastic surgery, often called fellowship training.
- Make sure that the plastic surgeon is affiliated with a accredited hospital.
- Ask the plastic surgeon to provide photos of patients who have had surgery from them.
- Make sure that the plastic surgeon is trained in the latest cosmetic and reconstruction techniques and procedures.
If you choose to have surgery at UR Medicine, you can be confident that our entire group of surgeons has extensive training (often called fellowship training) in the latest procedures, including endoscopic, laser and reconstructive microsurgery. Our plastic surgeons help you look and feel as natural as possible after your procedure.