What does success look like in 2025?
URMC produces exceptional results at an affordable cost, across all of our missions: education, research, patient care, and community health. We advance health by treating and preventing disease. Above all, we place our highest value on people.
The world’s best faculty, students, and trainees are drawn here by the skillful balance of independent, creative thinking and true teamwork. Our graduates are sought as leaders.
Our diverse clinician/scientist teams make discoveries that open the pipeline from DNA to diagnosis to cure—across large populations.
We share meaningful work that inspires and rewards talented professionals. Faculty and staff are thriving as payment and delivery models evolve.
We empower patients with the knowledge to defy their genetic limits and achieve healthful longevity. We bring patient care home to their communities under the banner of UR Medicine, a promise of a uniformly high-quality and compassionate care experience.
We are emulated for having the ideas, the systems, the will, and the resources to solve health care’s most intractable problems. We will heal health care itself. We will…
Be upstate New York’s health network of choice.
- Grow our primary and specialty care capacity
- Create the ideal patient experience
- Develop partnerships throughout the region
Be a preeminent biomedical research institution.
- Promote high-potential scientific interactions; maintain and grow a high-quality, productive research workforce
- Enhance abilities to translate discovery into clinical care
- Build an enabling research infrastructure
Be a preeminent educational institution.
- Promote an enterprise-wide learning architecture
- Execute the strategic plans of our individual educational units
Become the preferred destination for faculty, staff, and students.
- Grow our culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Embrace our ICARE values across the medical center.
- Promote leadership and career development programs
Generate financial resources to enable faculty and staff to thrive, and enable us to support the strategic plan of the Medical Center and the University.
- Enhance population management capabilities
- Develop payer/insurance contracting approaches
- Create an integrated IT infrastructure that supports clinical and research goals.
- Develop internal financial models that best support our missions
- Maximize system-wide cost efficiencies
- Enhance targeted philanthropy