The Wilmot Cancer Institute at Highland Hospital, renowned for its compassionate care and technical innovation, provides diagnostic services and inpatient cancer surgeries, as well as a full range of outpatient hematology, medical and radiation oncology services for adults with many types of cancers and hematologic disorders. UR Medicine's Highland Hospital is among the nation’s top-ranked hospitals for women’s services, in particular the diagnosis, treatment and study of women’s cancers. Highland also specializes in advanced prostate cancer therapy and geriatric oncology. Wilmot's Geriatric Oncology Clinic, based out of Highland Hospital, is focused on geriatric cancer researc hand care. It's one of the few programs of its kind in the country.
The Wilmot Cancer Institute at Highland brings together a Medical Oncology Infusion Center that is part of Strong Memorial Hospital, with a Radiation Oncology Center that is part of Highland Hospital.
The North Parking Lot, at the corner of Rockingham Street and Mt. Vernon Avenue, offers the most convenient parking for our oncology services. Please bring your parking ticket in with you, and we will validate it when you check in.
Services and amenities
Wilmot Cancer Institute is located in the Highland Hospital's North Building, at the corner of Rockingham Street and Mt. Vernon Avenue. Radiation oncology services are located on the first floor, and medical oncology, hematology and infusion services are located on the third floor. Other features include:
- An on-site lab for blood work is available for patients. Blood draw services are also available at UR Medicine’s many other convenient laboratory locations.
- Supportive resources including nutritional counseling, social work and help navigating benefits and financial assistance programs.
- Support groups available to patients and families.
- Clinical trials, which are available for a variety of cancers at different stages and help lead to the next generation of therapies.
- Advanced diagnostic testing for certain cancers, helping physicians to tailor treatments more precisely to a patient’s needs.
- Palliative care services to help with pain and symptom management, as well as decision-making, throughout the treatment process.
- Survivorship care planning to help patients navigate life after treatment.
- Integrative Oncology services, currently available virtually with limited in-person classes, through Wilmot's Pluta Integrative Oncology & Wellness Center.
- Genetics counseling and testing for Wilmot patients and/or family members at Wilmot's Hereditary Cancer Risk Reduction and Screening Program, currently available virtually or in person.