It is an exciting and hopeful time when you reach the end of this phase of your cancer treatment. But it is also a time that can present many questions.
You may wonder, “What comes next?” And, “Who will guide me as I take the next steps in my cancer journey?”
The Judy DiMarzo Cancer Survivorship Program at the Wilmot Cancer Center will help you take those next steps with confidence—and with the support of a team of people who are experienced in survivorship issues.
- Our program provides you with a better understanding of the cancer treatment you received and the care you may need in the future.
- We give you guidance on programs that can help you in your new life as a cancer survivor.
- We explain possible signs and symptoms of disease recurrence, as well as potential long-term effects of treatment. We also help you communicate this information to your primary care physician.
- We help you with your concerns, like nutrition, pain, mental health and financial issues.
- We direct you toward support groups that can be an ongoing source of strength and encouragement.
No matter where you are on in your cancer treatment or recovery, we are here to help. If you have questions about the Survivorship Program at Wilmot, please call 585-275-6956.