Clinical Trials Office
Through its Clinical Trials Office (CTO), the Wilmot Cancer Institute provides centralized research support and serves as a data repository for all oncology-related clinical trials at the University of Rochester. The CTO supports investigators from divisions and departments across the University of Rochester Medical Center, including Hematology/Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgery, Urology and Pediatrics.
Research is one of the highest priorities at Wilmot. The mission of the Clinical Trials Office is to provide exceptional centralized infrastructure to support physicians at Wilmot who conduct clinical research. Every effort is made to ensure access and opportunity for all patients to participate in clinical trials, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity and age.
Wilmot’s CTO provides the following services:
- An effective and efficient infrastructure for cancer clinical trials, including protocol development, implementation, coordination, data management, and regulatory oversight.
- Centralized, trained, clinical support staff to assist Wilmot investigators with screening and enrolling patients for clinical research studies including coordination and timely completion of patient-specific study requirements.
- A central clinical research information repository, facilitation of center-wide communications, tracking of accruals, and monitoring progress of all clinical trials from inception to termination and publication.
- High quality data, reporting, and compliance with Good Clinical Practice standards.
- Promotion of a culture of learning through quality assessment and improvement processes, as well as education and training for CTO staff and Wilmot investigators.
David Linehan, M.D.
Associate Director for Clinical Research
Paul Barr, M.D.
Assistant Director for Clinical Research
Helen Peck, R.N., M.A., O.C.N., C.C.R.P
Executive Director for Clinical Research Operations