Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
The Biostatistics and Bioinformatics shared resource supports the mission of Wilmot by providing biostatistics and bioinformatics collaboration and support; targeted novel methodological development in collaboration with Wilmot programs and other shared resources; and education, training, and mentoring.
- Grant preparation, including analysis of preliminary data; consultation on study design, including endpoint selection; randomization, blocking, stratification, and early stopping rules for safety, futility, and/or efficacy; development and drafting of appropriate statistical analysis plans; and power and sample size computations.
- Manuscript development, including data analysis; compilation of tables and figures for publication; drafting and editing the statistical methods section; interpretation of results; and performing revisions in response to peer review.
- Statistical consulting, including providing statistical advice and recommendations on study design and planning; protocol development; performing data analyses and interpreting results; and preparing tables and figures for abstracts, posters, slides, and papers.
- Clinical research support, including assistance with conception and design of Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS), protocol review, and monitoring of accrual and study progress.
- Education and training on topics such as clinical trial designs, censored survival data, Bayesian model-based cluster analysis, normalization and analysis of genomic data, and high-dimensional data analysis.
To schedule an appointment with Biostatistics, submit a request for support or email Derick_Peterson@urmc.rochester.edu.
- Derick R. Peterson, PhD, Co-Director and Professor, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
- Tanzy Love, PhD, Associate Professor, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
- Andrew McDavid, PhD, Assistant Professor, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
- Eva Culakova, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Cancer Control and Supportive Care
- Charles Heckler, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Cancer Control and Supportive Care
- Myla Strawderman, MS, Senior Research Associate, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
- Andrea Baran, MS, Research Associate, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
Bioinformatics hosts open office hours on Tuesdays from 2-3 p.m. in Wilmot Cancer Center Room 3-0771E, or submit a request by email to Matthew_Mccall@urmc.rochester.edu.
- Matthew N. McCall, PhD, MHS, Co-Director and Associate Professor, Biostatistics and Computational Biology
- Cameron Baker, analyst/programmer, with expertise in transcriptomics and single-cell genomics
- James Java, PhD, computational biologist, with expertise in high-dimensional cytometry analysis
- Tristan McRae, MS, analyst/programmer, with expertise in advanced image analysis