Programs and Services
- At Home Workout Series: Looking for an at-home workout without any need for equipment? Check out this full 30-minute workout routine using just a chair. Feel free to add dumbbells if you're looking for more intensity! Learn more about the Promote HEALTH initiative and find a class that meets your schedule!
- Promote HEALTH: A free, eight-week virtual program to empower participants to make and maintain lifestyle changes that help lower their risk of cancer and other chronic diseases while increasing overall health. Please contact our team at (585) 350-9190 or email us at PromoteHEALTH@urmc.rochester.edu.
- New York State Cancer Services Program: The NYS Department of Health's Cancer Services Program runs a program in all regions of the state that help uninsured and underinsured men and women get age-appropriate breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening. Cancer Services Program of the Finger Lakes serves Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates counties. Find contact info for other counties.
- Lung Cancer Screening Program: If lung cancer is found at an earlier stage, when it is small and before it has spread, it is more likely to be successfully treated.
- Hereditary Screening Program: Wilmot Cancer Institute's Hereditary Cancer Screening and Risk Reduction Program is designed to help individuals and families with inherited cancer syndromes or a family history of cancer.
- UR Medicine Mobile Mammography Van: The UR Medicine Mammo Van travels across the Rochester and Finger Lakes region offering convenient access to the same cutting-edge technology and unparalleled care our patients expect in the office. Learn where the van will be next and how you can make an appointment today.
- Wilmot Breast Health Program: Wilmot Cancer Institute's Breast Health Program offers evaluation for any of the following concerns: family history of breast cancer, concerns with new imaging findings, newly discovered lumps, dense breasts, exposure to chest radiation, or any other worry.
- Tobacco Cessation Treatment Program: An innovative way to address smoking cessation through text message support and nicotine replacement therapy for up to 6 months.
- Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Research Program: The Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Research Program currently houses several funded projects related to the study of and/or dissemination of best practices for Smoking Cessation with Special Populations.
- Health Talks: One-hour presentations on topics covered in the “Promote Health. Prevent Cancer” program, given by members of our team for community groups, corporate retreats, places of worship, and more.
- Community Conversations on Cancer: Timely and informative lectures conducted in grand-rounds style that are free and open to the public on YouTube. Please contact Kristina Hawes at Kristina_Hawes@urmc.rochester.edu with questions about this program.
Click here to register for more information featuring future Community Conversations.