Join a Program or Research Study
At Home Workout Series: Looking for an at-home workout without any need for equipment? Check out this full 30-minute workout routine using just a chair. Feel free to add dumbbells if you're looking for more intensity! Learn more about the Promote Health. Prevent Cancer. initiative and find a class that meets your schedule!
Promote Health. Prevent Cancer.: A free, eight-week virtual program to empower participants to make and maintain lifestyle changes that help lower their risk of cancer and other chronic diseases while increasing overall health. Please contact our team at (585) 350-9190 or email us at PHPC@urmc.rochester.edu.
Cancer Services Program of the Finger Lakes Region CSP-FLR): Age-appropriate breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening for uninsured and underinsured men and women. Serving Monroe, Livingston, Wayne, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates Counties, and run by the NYS Department of Health’s Cancer Services Program.
Lung Cancer Screening Program: If lung cancer is found at an earlier stage, when it is small and before it has spread, it is more likely to be successfully treated.
- Smoking Cessation Treatment Center: An innovative way to address smoking cessation through text message support and nicotine replacement therapy for up to 6 months.
- Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Research Program: The Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Research Program currently houses several funded projects related to the study of and/or dissemination of best practices for Smoking Cessation with Special Populations.
- Health Talks: One-hour presentations on topics covered in the “Promote Health. Prevent Cancer” program, given by members of our team for community groups, corporate retreats, places of worship, and more.
- Community Conversations on Cancer: Timely and informative lectures conducted in grand-rounds style that are free and open to the public. Please contact Kristina Hawes at Kristina_Hawes@urmc.rochester.edu with questions about this program.
- Tuesday Talks: Interactive group sessions conducted virtually with community members, designed to encourage dialogue around attitudes, perceptions, gaps in knowledge around cancer prevention, treatment, diagnosis, and scientific discoveries.